1. 10 MODES OF OBDII: Live data, freeze frame data of this diagnostic tool are effective to get quick & precise test results of your vehicle health status. Moreover, I/M Readiness, O2 sensor test and On-board monitor test are great for passing the emission test smoothly.
2. Enhanced MODE 6: The scanner features the enhanced mode 6 access to read the definition of an On-Board Diagnostic Monitor ID, along with enhanced reading codes in Powertrain system for Ford, GM and Chrysler, for offering better insight into your car.
3. Venicles compatible: This diagnostic scan tool has been found to cover both diesel (J1939 and J1708) and gasoline vehicles which are OBDII protocol compliant. The enhanced compatibility of this scan tool makes it a solid choice for every DIYers and mechanics.
4. This scan tool is specially designed with One-Click Readiness Key, which gives you a state emissions check and drive cycle verification with just a press of a button.
5. The I/M Ready Test can be used as a convenient readiness test tool by automotive technicians to determine if the tested vehicle is ready for an emission test. By visual and audible indication, you will learn a vehiclea??s emissions readiness.
6. With this scan tool, you dona??t have to drive around endlessly, continuously coming back to the repair shop for retest to check if all required tests by the ECU are completed. And you could also do a quick check of the vehicle to determine if it is ready to receive an emission test without the hassle of connecting your vehicle to the analyzer or having to use a complicated scan tool. Therefore, this function is especially useful in the following cases:
(1). You bought a used car and the check engine light had been cleared to mask potential problems.
(2). You disconnected the battery for tune-ups and other engine repairs, dead battery replacement, car radio installation and car alarm installation.
(3). You used a scan tool to clear the DTCs.
(4). Your car has been sent for repairs.
It is super helpful for technicians to diagnose the trouble fast and accurately with complete 10 modes of OBDII test.
1. Reading Codes (Enhanced for Ford/GM/Chrysler): Retrieve Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) including
Stored Codes, Pending Codes and Permanent Codes. Show the detailed description of the error codes for easily determining the causes of the Check Engine Light/Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL). This scanner can also read the enhanced codes in Powertrain system for Ford, GM and Chrysler.
2. Erasing Codes: Delete not only the codes from the on-board computer of vehicle, but also Freeze Frame data and manufacturer-specific enhanced data, thus turning off the Check Engine Light (MIL). Further, the I/M Readiness Monitor Status for all vehicle monitors is reset to Not Ready or Not Complete status.
3. Live Data: Read the live data in a graphical way but also record data for later review as follows:
View Data: The View Data function allows viewing of live or real time PID data of computer module(s) of vehicle.
Record Data: The Record Data function allows recording vehicle modulesa?? Parameter Identification (PID) data to help diagnose intermittent vehicle problems.
Playback Data: The Playback Data function allows viewing of previously stored PID data.
NOTICE: For Heavy-Duty vehicles, only View Data is supported for now.
4. View Freeze Frame Data:
Allow the technician to view the operating parameters of vehicle at the moment a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) is detected.
5. Retrieve I/M Readiness Status:
Check the operations of the Emission System on OBDII compliant vehicles, which is an excellent function to use prior to having a vehicle inspected for state emissions compliance.
6. O2 Sensor Test:
Allow retrieval and viewing of O2 sensor monitor test results for the most recently performed tests from the on-board computer of vehicle.
7. On-Board Monitor Test (Enhanced):
Retrieves and displays test results for emission-related power train components and systems that are/are not continuously monitored. This scan tool has the enhanced feature to read the definition of an On-Board Diagnostic Monitor ID.
8. Component Test:
Certain vehicle components can be actuated by commands sent from the scanner to test their operability.
9. View Vehicle Information:
Enable retrieval of Vehicle Identification No. (VIN), Calibration ID Nos. (CINs), Calibration Verification Nos. (CVNs) and In-use Performance Tracking on 2000 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9.
10. Modules Present:
Display the module IDs and communication protocols for OBDII modules in the vehicle.
Display: 2.8-inch LCD
Connectivity: USB mini 2.0 OBDII DB15
Operating Temp.: 0~60 degree C
Storage Temp.: -20~70 degree C
External Power: 9.0 to 28.0 V power provided via vehicle battery
Dimensions (L x W x H): 183 mm x 91 mm x 33 mm
Weight: 242 g
Language: The OBDII scanner has the multilingual menus and DTC definitions covering several universal languages (including English,
Spanish and French). The mechanic needs no effort in trying to get translations in as far as the code meanings and repair formulas are concerned.